A Rooibos Tea Fish Rub might seem odd to many but Rooibos is a tea we can claim as our very own here in South Africa which makes it rather special. Free from caffeine and low in tannins normally found in black teas, Rooibos tea is preferred by many, especially before bed. There is nothing like relaxing with a cup of tea and a good book but the use of Rooibos tea is not limited to simply drinking. Rooibos is now added to many beauty products for its nutrient properties. Try this Rooibos Tea Fish Rub for a creative way to include this proudly South African tea.
Rooibos Tea Fish Rub
By May 23, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 cup (8 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
This rub can also be used on pork. Earl Grey Tea works well too!
- 3 tablespoons Rooibos tea leaves or 4 tea bags, opened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 2 teaspoons orange/lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons polenta
- Combine all the above ingredients.
- Lightly brush fresh fish fillets with canola oil and apply the rub liberally to coat all the fish. Bake the fish in a preheated oven. Serve with a side of potato and vegetables.
- Store any leftover rub mix in a glass jar.