Egg toast is a great breakfast option and enjoyed by most. This quick meal can take on many varieties and designs … scrambled egg, poach egg, French toast, boiled egg with toast soldiers … and even egg in toast! As this takes a little more time and creativity, it is perfect for novel occasions when you want to present something little more special. The cut out shape has endless possibilities!
To maximize the nutrition of this Easter Egg Toast meal, be sure to choose a bread that is high in fibre. Together with the protein supplied by eggs, fibre promotes increased satiety and sustained energy. Add further nutrition with grilled baby tomatoes or tomato slices, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with mixed herbs or dried basil.
Easter Egg Toast
By April 16, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1+ Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Use any shaped cookie cutter to enjoy this recipe at any time of the year!
- Spread the bread with the margarine and Marmite. Using a cookie cutter, cut out a shape in the center of the bread.
- Place the bread and the cut out onto a level baking tray coated in non-stick spray.
- Crack an egg into each cutout and carefully place the tray into a pre-heated oven.
- Bake the toast at 180 C for 12 - 15 mins until eggs are cooked as desired.
Egg Toast Sides:
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Roasted baby marrows
- Avocado slices
- Cucumber slices
- Apple wedges with peanut butter
- Sliced fruit and plain yoghurt